Global Business Unit Overview
Pentair Industrial Solutions business unit is experiencing significant growth. One of Pentair’s strategic growth pillars is the Sustainable Gas Solutions (SGS) category, which is specialized within CO₂ recovery and Biogas upgrading solutions. The projects will be engineered and produced at our Pentair sites or at an approved supplier. Pentair helps its clients to lower their carbon footprint and energy bills, and currently we serve customers in more than 150 countries worldwide. In order to achieve further growth, we are looking for a:
We are looking for a:
Control Engineer (m/f/d)
Objective of the role:
The Control Engineer will be responsible for the advanced process control solutions in the customer projects and will have to work partially in process design as well as control software for the plant based on the PFDs prepared by our technology team (R&D).
The Control Engineer ensures quality and timely completion of the engineering together with the project team.
The Process Engineer reports to the Biogas Engineering Manager in Venlo.Main responsibilities:
• Order management: Active takeover of orders from sales & technology; assumption of responsibility for a safe design, quality of engineering, on time delivery and cost; management of project opportunities and risks incl. resulting measures.
• Design solutions & order execution: Develop functional descriptions (control loops, blocks, and sequence diagrams) incl. range- and setpoints as well as cause & effect lists for plants based on the product portfolio and new products; Implementation of the controls in compliance with laws and standards / with the required implementation regulations at the place of use / installation of the plant; creation of solution considering functional, material, HSE and economic aspects as well as evaluating and comparing them with existing designs; FAT test of PLC program; support for commissioning engineers at site incl. tuning and coordination of control loops.
• Communication & exchange of information: Exchange of information with the other teams and specialist departments as well as suppliers (e.g., alignment of design with mechanical engineering & automation, field assembly and commissioning); internal and external representation of the project; internal reporting; documentation of agreements reached.
• Documentation & risk assessments: Preparation of the operating (and maintenance) instructions; customer process descriptions; setting up functional descriptions and operation manuals; supporting hazard analyses for individual machines as well as for the interlinked complete plant.
• Contributing technical knowledge to other departments and projects in the role of a subject matter expert incl. Provide process control and functionality trainings for (new) colleagues (engineers, project leaders, and sales)
Qualifications & competencies:
• Control, Process or Chemical Engineering - Master Level or equivalent qualification.
• Expert Knowledge in Measurement techniques, Control Theory, process dynamics and physics.
• Knowledge of tools such as Process Engineering Software (e.g., Comos), Process Control Software & Programming Language, PLM Software, ERP Software, MS Office, Special Calculation Tools.
• 5 years of experience minimum as a Control Engineer or equivalent role preferable in the Biogas industry and/or similar industries.
• Experience working in a project team incl. experience in the role of a Specialist/Expert.
• Knowledge of relevant guidelines and norms.
• Advanced level in the English language.
• Independent, proactive, flexible, determined, and resilient to stress.
• Team-player who enjoys working closely with others and thrives in a team environment.
• Creative in finding solutions, with a strong commitment to quality.
• Good communication skills with a customer-oriented and commercial mind-set.
• Analytical and able to maintain an overview of complex processes.
• Willingness to work internationally and travel 15%.
The opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic, internationally oriented company with a pleasant atmosphere, interesting career prospects and excellent working conditions. You can also rely on us to motivate, challenge and allow you freedom so that you will enjoy coming to work every day.
We also offer professional internal training courses for your further development and grow.
At Pentair, you will work alongside passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and focused on creating a healthier world for all. Throughout our 120 global locations, our values guide us as we create innovative solutions.
If you want to be part of our team and are excited to work in an international company with a medium-sized character, you've come to the right place. We look forward to receiving your application via this link.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.